EVACUATION CHAIRS AWARENESS TRAINING COURSE DESCRIPTION
This 3 hour course is suitable for Fire Wardens and employees responsible for evacuation. After the 3 hour course staff will:
- Gain an understanding of how to use the evacuation chairs in the workplace and the considerations surrounding the use of the evacuation chair in the event of emergency
- Be provided with general information on who can be put into the evacuation chair
- Understand the emergency procedures within the workplace
- Be shown and have knowledge of designated safe areas in the workplace and evacuation to safe areas within/outside the workplace
- Have an understanding of information the emergency services will require
The practical workshop will involve using the chair on workplace stairs.