This introductory course provides an excellent opportunity to learn the basics relating to food hygiene for an individual new to this area of work.
Being introduced to the terminology used and the common causes of food poisoning provides a solid foundation for the delegate to then consider personal hygiene.
This course provides a firm foundation for the delegate to progress, if necessary, on to the elementary level course.
After this half day course staff will:
- Be aware of the terminology used in food hygiene
- Be introduced to common issues and bacteria relating to food hygiene
- Know some common causes of food poisoning and how to prevent it
- Understand the importance of personal hygiene
- Have discussed what is meant by critical control points
- Understand the supervisor’s role in food hygiene practices