This Addictions Awareness (Alcohol) Training course gives individuals an insight into addictions. Having a greater understanding of the definition of addiction and consideration of examples of addiction in a supported learning environment, delegates are encouraged to explore strategies for supporting individuals experiencing addictions or addiction related conditions.
In addition to this time is taken to consider the effects surrounding alcohol related brain damage.
This provides an excellent opportunity to consider what support could be offered to an individual having a good and thorough understanding of their addiction.
After this one day course participants will:
- Be able to define what addiction is
- Be able to identify examples of addiction
- Have considered the notion of an ‘addictive personality’
- Be aware of the facts relating to Alcohol Related Brain Damage
- Be aware of strategies for supporting individuals with alcohol addiction and associated problems