The Anaphylaxis and Flu Vaccination Training Course is specifically designed for staff administering flu vaccinations. The content is comprehensive covering the storing of the vaccines through to basic life support with an opportunity of simulated practice.
On completion of the course staff will be prepared to deal with any adverse response to the flu vaccination and be able to support an individual experiencing and anaphylactic reaction. This course gives time for discussion and reflection.
After this specialised half day course staff will have reflected and be prepared to deal with any adverse response to the flu vaccination, they will:
- Have revised the immune response of the body
- Know how to appropriately and safety store the flu vaccines
- Review the procedure of flu vaccination
- Be equipped to deal with any adverse effects of the flu vaccination inclusive of Basic Life Support
- Be skilled in the management of a person with an anaphylactic reaction
- Through discussion, relate practice to NMC’s professional advice