Anaphylaxis First Aid Training Course
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is designed for workplace first aiders working in an environment where they may have to deal with those more susceptible to anaphylaxis.
This course covers the essentials of dealing with First Aid emergencies including:
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of the first aider
- Assessing the situation and acting safely, effectively and promptly in an emergency
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) & AED – age specific
- Legislation – Record keeping and administration of medicines
- Definition of anaphylaxis
- Common causes of anaphylaxis
- Recognition features of anaphylaxis
- Treatment of anaphylaxis
ASSESSMENT AND QUALIFICATION
Continuous assessment by the Trainer. Successful delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Hospital admissions for anaphylaxis have increased significantly over the last decade. This course aims to give delegates an understanding of anaphylaxis including common causes, including use of auto-injectors (EpiPen®). Delegates must be physically able to carry out procedures required to meet assessment criteria. Delegates are recommended to keep skills up to date by attending an annual refresher course.