Basic Life Support & Automated External Defibrillation (AED) Training Course
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone wishing to learn basic CPR Skills
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the first aider
- Assessing the situation and acting safely, effectively and promptly in an emergency
- The Chain of Survival
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty
- Dealing with the unconscious casualty not breathing normally
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Using an AED
- Treatment of choking
ASSESSMENT AND QUALIFICATION
Continuous assessment by the Trainer. Successful learners will receive a certificate of attendance which is valid for one year.
Learners must be physically able to carry out procedures required to meet Resuscitation Council UK assessment criteria. Learners are recommended to attend a 3 hour course after the one year period to keep skills up to date.