CONTROL OF SUBSTANCES HAZARDOUS TO HEALTH – COSHH AWARENESS COURSE DESCRIPTION
This 3.5 hour course is suitable for all staff across all business sectors that work or handle chemicals. After the 3.5 hour course staff will:
- Have an understanding of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
- Know what a Material Safety Data Sheet (SDS) is and the sections within it
- The long term health issues related to working with chemicals
- Have knowledge of the risk assessment process and the type of risk assessment for controlling chemicals (COSHH Assessment)
- Understand the role and the importance of using the correct PPE
At the end of the course the delegates will be given a short written assessment to ensure they have understood the main points of the course.