Dealing With Behaviour That Challenges Boundaries Training Course
This course has been specifically prepared for Personal Assistants to explore their somewhat unique relationship with the individual they support, who can also be their employer.
It is acknowledged that Personal Assistants can feel isolated in their role therefore the course looks to improve the working relationship, by considering and understanding how to initiate the sometimes-difficult conversations surrounding risk and attitudes.
This course goes some way to exploring the individual PAs approach and thinking regarding their role and how this comes over in their actions. This course could easily be adapted for PA employers.
By the end of the session we will have considered
- Gaining confidence in building rapport with others to improve your working relationship and understand and manage professional boundaries
- Having greater flexibility in your choices for thinking and behaviour
- The difference between risk and harm and how to evidence defensible decision making with family carers
- Appreciation of the importance of sufficient and appropriate risk assessment
- The personal and general attitudinal changes that may be required to deal with difficult situations
- Safely employ non- harmful, restrictive methods/ techniques