Emcare are respectful of the requirements of the care sector workforce and therefore understand that there may be a requirement for staff teams to receive learning and development from any of the levels on the dementia framework. This being the case, Emcare will endeavour to establish a client’s requirements for dementia information.
The dementia awareness course will sit on level 1 of Scotland’s National Dementia Strategy (2016-2019), introducing delegates to the types and prevalence of Dementia. Being able to recognise common signs and symptoms and being able to respond appropriately. Throughout this session risk enablement will be considered in the context of personalised support.
After this one day course staff will:
- Understand the types and prevalence of Dementia in Scotland
- Recognise the common signs and symptoms of dementia and be aware of the stigma surrounding this condition
- Recognise the impact on the individual and be able to respond appropriately
- Understand ‘Person Centred Support’ in relation to people with dementia
- Understand ‘Risk Enablement’