First Aid at Work Annual Refresher Training Course
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Current qualified first aiders wishing to update life-saving skills, competencies as well as being informed of any change in practice and guidelines.
- Recording and reporting of accidents and incidents including RIDDOR
- Contents of a first aid kit (including preventing cross infection)
- Assessing the situation and acting safely, effectively and promptly in an emergency
Administer first aid to a casualty who is/requires:-
- Unconscious (including seizure)
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) & AED
- Wounded and bleeding
- Suffering from shock
ASSESSMENT AND QUALIFICATION
Delegates will receive a certificate of attendance on completion of the course.
Delegates must be physically able to carry out procedures required to meet awarding bodies (FAIB, SQA or ITC) assessment criteria. This course complies with Health and Safety (first aid) Regulations 1981 and updates learners of any change in practice and guidelines.