GENERAL HEALTH & SAFETY AWARENESS TRAINING COURSE DESCRIPTION
This 3.5 hour course is suitable for all staff across all business sectors. After the 3.5 hour course delegates will:
- Have an understanding of their and their employers responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1974
- Understand the definition of a hazard and be able to identify common hazards in the workplace and at home
- Understand the definition of risk & how to control risk
- Know the 5 steps of risk assessment
- Understand the financial implications of incidents
The course is very interactive and a variety of learning methods are used to communicate the information. There will be a short written assessment at the end of the course to ensure understanding and retention of knowledge.