This one-day Human Rights Training course will consolidate and enhance the learning provided at induction by understanding how all of the legislation is interlinked and should be viewed with a Human Rights perspective.
This development session endeavours to interlink the necessary theory to practical examples through encouraging practice discussions, introducing the current legislation and associated best practice documents which impact on how people are supported.
By the end of this session delegates will:
- Understand what Human Rights are and how this connects with other care sector legislation
- Have revisited the meaning of equality and diversity and understanding of positive, direct and indirect discrimination
- Be aware of the legislation and recommendations of the current sector strategies and how this links to Human Rights
- Have an awareness of the need to actively evidence understanding, practical application and show a working knowledge of service personalisation
- Understand the difference between risk and harm and how to show defensible decision making taking human rights into account