IOSH Working Safely Course
Recorded injuries in the UK workplace show that young workers and new employees are more at risk in the workplace and suffer more accidents as a result.
Employers should be aware of this and ensure that staff are given an introduction to health and safety within their workplace which will help minimise the risk of injury and accidents at work.
The IOSH Working Safely module provides an interactive experience for trainees to learn the basic elements of health, safety and environment in the workplace, how they can be involved in risk assessments and what to look out for at work. The module is ideally suited as part of an ‘Induction’ package and also as a starting point for employees to attend higher level courses or training on specific workplace risk.
This one day course is suitable for all staff across all business sectors. After the one day course staff will:
- Understand why working safely is important
- Be able to define what is hazard and what is risk
- Be able to identify common hazards in the workplace and at home
- Understand the importance of improving safety performance, systems and processes
- Understand why protecting our environment is important
- Gain an understanding of waste and pollution, and how organisations and individual team members can get involved in reducing it
The IOSH course is very interactive and delegates are given the opportunity to spot hazards and are given a multiple choice workbook to work through to ensure understanding and retention of knowledge.