Medication Awareness Training Course
Additional information about the Medication Awareness training course: Assisting individuals with all aspects of managing their medication is a key element of care and support. The level of support required by an individual presents varying considerations for staff involved.
It is crucial that staff understand the importance of assisting someone with their medication and how to keep themselves and the supported person safe with regard to this key task.
After this course staff will:
- Have an awareness of the legal and professional requirements related to administration of medication
- Know the procedures for safe administration of medicines being mindful of local policy, consent and confidentiality
- Have considered types of medicines and common side effects
- Have an awareness of how the metabolic changes in individuals has an impact on medicine absorption
- Know their responsibility in the recording following administration of medication
For details of additional courses delivered by our nurse trainers please contact us at email@example.com or call us on 0141 404 0075.