Moving & Assisting of People is a substantial element of caring involves the physical support of individuals to carry out daily tasks. Regrettably, many care workers are injured or develop musculo-skeletal disorders as a result of the work that they do.
Our Moving & Assisting of People Course not only provides staff with the legislative framework and good practice guidelines, but also the current safest techniques relating to the safer handling of people.
After this one day course staff will:
- Understand relevant Health and Safety Legislation in relation to individuals, their employment, their employer and colleagues
- Practice care of the back and spine and have awareness of how to protect themselves and people using the service from unsafe manoeuvres
- Understand why we implement principles of efficient and effective movement
- Understanding risk assessments and why they are required in a care setting
- Demonstrate and practice safe moving and assisting