An insight into the Promoting Positive Behaviours course: As care is such an inter-personal transaction, invariably conflicts can arise between staff and the people they support. These conflicts can present in a variety of ways and can result in behaviours that challenge.
Both staff and supported individuals can be emotionally and physically affected by these behaviours, therefore it is crucial that strategies are developed to managed these difficult situations if they arise.
After this one day course staff will:
- Understand the purpose of different behaviours
- Know how to promote positive interaction with individuals prior to and during crisis
- Be aware of different de-escalation techniques prior to and during crisis
- Have considered reflective practice and self-awareness of the staff role in crisis
- Be aware of proactive methods of positive behaviour support
- Know the importance of recording and documenting of incidents