Building on the foundations of the Introduction Course this one day program expands on the information to include the maintenance of accurate records and reporting systems.
It includes an awareness of bacteria, how food poisoning occurs and what preventative measures need to be in place. Delegates will consider the design and impact of working environments taking into consideration the relevant legislation that surrounds this area of work.
This provides an in depth look at the subject matter with the course content being consolidated in an end of course test.
After this one day course staff will:
- Have expanded their knowledge of food hygiene practices inclusive of HACCP
- Understand the need and importance of accurate records and robust reporting systems
- Be aware off bacteria and their characteristics
- Know how food poisoning occurs and take preventative measures
- Understand the importance of personal hygiene and working habits of the food handler
- Know of the impact of design and function of working environments on food safety
- Understand the importance of regulated cleaning practices
- Be aware of common food pests and their control
- Consider food acts and legislation that impacts on practice