SAFETY HARNESS AWARENESS TRAINING COURSE DESCRIPTION
This 3.5 hour course is suitable for all staff using harnesses at their workplace. Course is designed to make delegates aware of the statutory requirements and skills necessary for the safe use of Safety Harnesses whilst working at heights thus reducing the risk of accidents.
After the 3.5 hour course staff will:
- Have an understanding of relevant legislation
- Be provided with general information on the use of harnesses for working at heights and in confined spaces
- Understand the importance of the pre-use inspection of harnesses
- Have knowledge of rescue procedures and suspension trauma
- Be shown and have knowledge of the safe and correct method of putting the harness on and correct fixing of the Lanyard
The course is very interactive and a variety of learning methods are used to communicate the information. There will be a short written assessment at the end of the course to ensure understanding and retention of knowledge.