Additional information about the Venepuncture Training Course: With the incidence of care providers supporting people who have chosen to live at home becoming more frequent, Emcare have recognised the importance of being able to support the care providers in making available more quasi-medical forms of simulated practice.
This course being theoretical and practical provides a comprehensive introduction to the subject matter. The simulated practice allows the delegate to experience carrying out the procedure in a supportive and informative environment.
After this half day course staff will:
- Know the anatomy and physiology relevant in venepuncture
- Be aware of the criteria for choosing the site and device to be used
- Understand potential problems which may be encountered and the necessary intervention
- Know basic universal precautions and the use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) that should be adhered to
- Be aware of post venepuncture care and support required
- Know the importance of specimen labelling
- Appreciate issues that may occur and how to troubleshoot these
- Participate in simulated practice sessions